PERMEABLE – DURABLE – FLEXIBLE
Porous Pave is a pour-in-place permeable paving material made from recycled tires, aggregate and urethane binder.
The proven benefits of Porous Pave include:
One of Porous Pave’s primary attributes is its highly porous structure. Porous Pave allows large amounts of water to drain through its surface, thereby minimizing the volume of stormwater run-off.
- Entire surface is porous – not just certain areas like brick pavers.
- Less run-off minimizes, and can eliminate, the need for sub-surface plumbing, retention ponds or catch basins — greatly reducing costs and maximizing useable square footage.
- The non-skid properties of Porous Pave combined with its water retention capacity makes it safer than most other products in similar applications for walkways and parking areas.
- Porous Pave eliminates puddles in low areas.
- Porous Pave is made with recycled tires. The use of Porous Pave keeps thousands of tires from going to landfills. For example, 300 scrap tires are used to create 1,000 square feet of 2″ porous pavement.
- Porous Pave is mixed on-site and can be applied with little or no damage to existing landscape.
- Resists cracking and heaving commonly found on concrete sidewalks. Reduces the chance of slip
and fall accidents.
- 50% rubber content allows the product to move if sub-base moves.
Frost and Freeze Resistant
- Withstands cracking or heaving due to ground movement or frost.
- Porous Pave can be applied in temperatures between 40º and 90º F and generally cures in 24 hours, a much wider temperature range and faster cure time than other permeable surfaces.
- Installs in less than half the time of pavers
- Low impact installation – no heavy equipment needed, ideal for use in existing landscapes.
- Porous Pave is one large expansion joint eliminating the need for “saw cuts” or expansion strips.
- High rubber content ensures good traction even when wet, lessening the chance of slip and fall accidents.
- Textured surface is not slippery compared to smooth surfaces like concrete.
Strong and Durable
- At only 2″ thick, Porous Pave can handle low speed car and truck traffic
- Use at 11/2″ thick for bike paths, patios, trails, golf cart paths or any other foot and pedestrian traffic
- Use at 1″ to overlay existing concrete, asphalt, metal surfaces and wood
- Porous Pave is resistant to oil, chlorine, ozone, UV rays, muratic acid, transmission fluid, gasoline, diesel, hydraulic fluid, salt water and many other hostile materials
- Resistant to snow plow damage