Porous Pave Benefits
Porous Pave uses a revolutionary new paving product that is heavy duty, flexible and highly porous. It is made from recycled tires, aggregate and a special single component urethane that remains flexible.
Some of the benefits of using Porous Pave are:
One of Porous Pave’s biggest features is its highly porous structure. Porous Pave allows large amounts
of water to drain through it, thereby minimizing the amount of volume directed to storm drains, basins
and other areas of drainage.
- Rainwater is evenly dispersed over the ground and allowed to soak in rather than all of it being directed to storm sewer or retention ponds.
- Erosion and channeling of water is reduced around perimeter of sites not using storm sewers or
- Less run-off results in minimal and in some cases no sub-surface plumbing or catch basins — greatly reducing costs. Also, retention ponds may be reduced in size allowing more usable land for building, parking, etc.
- The non-skid properties of Porous Pave combined with its water storage capacity makes it safer than most other products in similar applications for walkways and parking areas.
- Porous Pave diminishes water run off by allowing water to soak through into the ground.
- Reduces need for separate retention areas and increases usable square footage of site.
- Porous Pave eliminates puddles in low areas.
- Porous Pave is made from recycled tires. The shredding process removes all steel fragments and produces approximately 1/4″ – 3/8″ rubber “chips”. The use of Porous Pave keeps thousands of tires from going to the landfill. For example, 300 scrap tires are used to create 1,000 square feet of 2″ porous pavement.
- Porous Pave is mixed on-site and can be applied with little or no damage to existing landscape.
- Resists cracking and heaving commonly found on concrete sidewalks. Reduces the chance of slip
and fall accidents.
- 50% rubber content allows product to move if sub-base moves.
Frost & Freeze Resistant
- Flexible nature withstands cracking or heaving due to ground movement or frost
- Porous Pave can be applied in temperatures between 40º and 90º F and generally cures in 24 hours, this is a much wider temp range and faster cure time than similar engineered surfaces
- Installs in less than half the time of brick pavers
- Low impact installation – no heavy equipment needed, ideal for use in existing landscapes.
- Porous Pave is one large expansion joint eliminating the need for “saw cuts” or expansion strips.
- Entire surface is porous – not just certain areas like brick pavers.
- High rubber content ensures good traction even when wet … lessening the chance of slip and fall accidents.
- Textured surface is not slippery compared to smooth surfaces like concrete.
Strong & Durable
- At only 2″ thick, Porous Pave can handle low speed car and truck traffic
- Use at 11/2″ thick for bike paths, patios, trails, golf cart paths or any other foot and pedestrian traffic
- Use at 1″ to overlay existing concrete, asphalt, metal surfaces and wood
- Porous Pave is resistant to oil, chlorine, ozone, UV rays, muratic acid, transmission fluid, gasoline, diesel, hydraulic fluid, salt water and many other hostile materials
- Resistant to snow plow damage